Pioneer DEX-P99RS Component Reference Series CD Tuner gives you instant access to the power of your car entertainment system. Devices and materials are carefully selected according to the highest standards to achieve the ultimate in sound quality. Its L/R Independent 4-Way Crossover, 31-Band L/R Independent EQ and 0.77 cm step Auto Time Alignment help optimize sound field in greater detail. In addition, its Built-in USB port allows transmission of digital signals from a connected iPod, iPhone or USB Device to DSP for high-quality sound reproduction. DEX-P99 CD Tuner beckons for more than one encore.
High-Performance Damping Material and Mechanism
To pick up digital signals recorded on CDs with superior precision, new damping mechanism and material firmly press and fix the entire CD mechanism module effectively absorbing and dispersing vibration caused by CD rotation.
New High-Precision Sound Master Clock Circuitry
The latest integrated circuits require superior clock signal quality to handle digital data accurately without distortion at ever-higher speeds. New Sound Master Clock Circuitry in DEX-P99RS generates clock waveforms to read and process digital signals with ultra-precision, and eliminate jitter noise in transmission. The result: extraordinarily clear, pure sound.
32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP
The DEX-P99RS incorporates 32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP for high-precision sound processing and tuning without degrading digital signals from their sources.
Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ
Time alignment automatically estimates the delay from each speaker to drivers position and adjusts speaker sound output timing accordingly by 0.77 cm differences, so that sound from all speakers reaches the drivers ears in perfect sync. Auto EQ tailors specific musical characteristics according to taste, uses a microphone to monitor and analyze acoustics, then automatically fine-tunes all frequency bandwidths and front and rear speaker digital parametric equalization. These entire processes occur in 543 seamless steps in just about 5 minutes.
4-Way Digital Network
To let listeners keep transitions between frequency ranges sounding smooth, the DEX-P99RS features a 4-Way Digital Network that lets you adjust Cutoff Frequency, Cutoff Slope, Level and Phase for any of four (high, mid, low and subwoofer) frequency ranges. Moreover, the adjustments for left and right channels can be made independently of each other. The result: more distinct separation of the four frequency ranges and fuller, more natural sound, with each speaker reaching its full potential as part of a multi-speaker system.
- Digital signal is directly transferred to DSP for high-quality sound reproduction from USB device and iPod.
- 125-Color Button Illumination offers choice of colors to closely match the illumination of various dashboard displays.
- Automatically mutes sound from source being played as a car window or door are being opened or closed.
Browse other products
- Full Dot OEL 3-Line
- 4 (5V)
- Audio Format
- MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV
- AUX Input
- USB Interface*1
- Maximum Power Output
- Control for iPod/iPhone *3
- Yes (3)
- Control for Android *3
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
- MIXTRAX / Flashing Color*4
- Music Browser
- Color Customization*5
- Advanced Sound Retriever
(1) Pioneer cannot guarantee compatibility with all USB mass storage devices and assumes no responsibility for any loss of data on media players, smart phones, or other devices while using receiver.
(2) Please use CD-U50E USB extension cable if a direct connection causes a USB device to protrude from the receiver in a way that can interfere with driving.
(3) Compatibility with unit depends on iPod generation. Requires use of optional cable.
(4) Works with music from iPod, SD/SDHC memory card and USB device.
(5) Colors for key illumination are adjustable.